Back To: County Clerk and Election Office | Election Office | Voter Registration

Voter Registration

Registration Information:

Check your voter registration at:

Online voter registration:

Services to register to vote, update your voter registration, federal service voter information, and who is eligible to register to vote. 

Registration Information:

Check your voter registration at:

Online voter registration:

Voter Registration
Navigation Election Office

Frequently Asked Questions

Who can register to vote?

You should register if you:

  • Are a United States Citizen
  • Are (18+) or will be (18) before the next election
  • Are a resident of Saline County

  • If you have been convicted of a felony, register only after the restoration of your civil rights.

    If you are already registered to vote, you should promptly re-register if you:

  • Move within Saline County
  • Change your name
  • Want to change your party affiliation
  • When do I need to update or change my voter registration?

    Complete a new Voter Registration Application and send it to the Election Office: If you have moved, If you have a name change, if you want to change your political party affiliation (In Kansas, the choices are Democratic, Republican, Libertarian, and Non Affiliated).

    Note: Party Affiliation changes are prohibited during the period beginning June 1st and ending on or after August 31st for partisan primary elections in even-numbered years.

    How do I verify I am registered to vote?

    After you submit your completed voter registration application you will become a registered voter when the county election officer adds your name to the county voter registration list.

    When your Voter Registration Application has been entered, a Certificate of Registration will be mailed to you. This voter ID card provides information regarding your Ward and Precinct, the location of your polling place, and your elected officials who represent you. The Certificate of Registration may not be used as an ID to vote because it does not include your photo.

    You can always confirm your current voter registration information online at Voter View.

    Keep your Certificate of Registration in a safe place for future reference. You may obtain a replacement certificate by asking the Election Office to send you a new one. The Election office may also issue you a new certificate if your polling place changes or you re-register.

    Where can I register to vote online?

    To register to vote online, you must have a valid Kansas driver's license or nondriver's identification card, as you are required to use a legal signature to complete the registration process. The online registration option uses your driver's license signature to do so. If you do not have either of these Kansas identification cards, you will need to complete a voter registration application in person. You must re-register each time you change your name, address, or party affiliation for voting, otherwise the Election Office will have outdated information.

    Online Voter Registration Application can be found here:

    What is the registration deadline?

    You may register (or re-register) until (21) days prior to each election. Voter registration is closed during the (21) day period before each election. Applications must be postmarked no later than the 21st day prior to any election and received in the Election Office by the 9th day before the election to be valid. Applications postmarked or received after the deadline are not entered until after the election.

    Voter Registration re-opens the day following each election

    What if I'm a Federal Service Voter?

    To register, complete a Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) and mail it to the Election Office.

    Postage is already on this card. You may obtain this card from the U.S. Embassy, your Commanding Officer, or Voting Assistance Officer.

    If you are unable to obtain a copy, download and print the Federal Post Card Application. Remember to add postage to this card.

    Kansas does not require the form to be notarized or witnessed.

    Your application is valid for (1) calendar year. You are eligible to receive all ballots issued during the calendar year at the address you give on the FPCA. If you move or are re-assigned during any calendar year, please be sure to send a new FPCA so you can receive your ballots. Election mail cannot be forwarded. The Election Office needs your current address.

    The completed FPCA may be sent by:
    Mail to Saline County Election Office at PO Box 5040, Salina, KS 67402.
    Fax at (785) 309-5826

    For complete details see Federal Voter Assistance Program.

    Where can I register to vote in-person?

    Any change to your Kansas voter registration should use a Kansas voter registration application form, which is available below.

    Voter Registration Application

    There are three ways to submit your application:

    1. Print out the Voter Registration Application, complete, sign, and mail or hand deliver the application to the Saline County Election Office, 300 W. Ash St, Room 215, Salina, KS 67401.
    2. Fax the completed and signed application to (785) 309-5826.
    3. Scan the completed and signed application then email to Voter Registration Coordinator