Frequently Asked Questions


Call our office at (785) 309-5800. 

Neighborhood Services Room 205 phone number: (785) 309-5720

City & County Planning/Zoning Room 209 phone number: (785) 309-5813

If it's related to Real Estate taxes call the Treasurer's office at (785) 309-5860. 

If it's related to Personal Property, please call our office at (785) 309-5800. 

Complete a request for information in the appraiser’s office and provide any bills of sale, titles, manufacturer’s statements of origin (MSO/MCO), or any other documentation detailing what the item is and the purchase price for the said item. Our office will only make copies of the original paperwork. We do not keep the originals.

Go to Room 210 to title and/or tag item

NOTE: This includes boat trailers that are under 2000lbs.

NOTE: There are other steps that will need to be completed if the title of the item is from another state

For boats and jet skis specifically, go to Room 215 to start the process in getting brand new KA numbers or to change the KA Numbers into the new owner’s name